Saturday, May 19, 2007

Build Day 2

Not too many pictures from Build Day 2. Much of it was slow and tedious work. But it was still work.

I bent new lines with the new fittings. I then discovered the big fittings I bought also had a bigger ID, so I had to cut the flange off of the old and new lines, salvage the big fitting from the old lines, and then reflange the new lines. Hand bending and hand flanging of the lines, along with the fitting boondoggle took a few hours.
New Lines

Then it was time to install the new master cylinder. Another boondoggle all to itself. First, you have to use a new master cylinder because the old drum brake MC has a residual valve to keep about 9-10psi on the the line that you don't want with discs. Plus, mine leaked some, so a new MC was a good idea. The push rod and hold down setup are different between the two MC's. So after a few hours of cutting, cussing, and body contortion, I finally got it installed.
New MC

And now for the fun part. "Driving it?" you ask. Nope, the tedious job of bleeding the brakes where it seems like no matter how much bleed them the brake feel is still too soft and you need to bleed some more. Finally, at about 8pm I just got tired of messing with it. I put the wheels back on it and dropped it to the ground. I took it for a spin around the block and there needs to be much more bleeding of brakes. But after cleaning everything up, it was after 9pm. I'm done with this until tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home