Sunday, May 13, 2007

Part I - Dissassembly

This is what we're starting with. A set of 11" drums. Once I took this apart, the drums look pretty good. I might end up trying to sell them.
Driver Drum
Here's a close up of the suspension. Front leaf springs ride great ....
Drum Off
Got the drums off easy. And found new hardware. Someone rebuilt these not too long ago. It stops well if you are ready to pump the brakes some. I wonder how much of the stuff from the fronts I can use on the back. The backs are really wore out.
Drum Off
Finally, after some cussing and fighting I got the backing plates off. I ruined one bolt that was super stuck. Now I get to find a suspension bolt that isn't something you can go pick up at AutoZone.
Back Plate Off
Finally cleaned up all the bearings and ran down all the threads I had tools for.
Cleaner Parts
I may start putting it back together tomorrow, but I won't be able to finish it off since I need the bolt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home