Sunday, March 13, 2005

Heater box and painting rack


DSCF0004
Originally uploaded by chilort.
This is one of the metal panels off of the heater box. This one has the fan attached to it. I tested the motor using a 14.4v battery from my cord-less drill and it worked great (that saves me a smooth $45 or so). I cleaned the fan itself out in the kitchen sink. I used my roommates sand blaster to clean off the panel then spray painted it with stove paint (should hold up to the heat of the heater box).

The panel is also hanging on my new parts painting rack. Nothing fancy really, just $25 in angle iron and some welding. Now I have a place to hang parts for painting and can get to them from all sides at once -- no more paint, wait, flip, paint, wait, flip, etc.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home